Tours to archaeological excavations in the vicinity of Astana.
Prehistoric sites or settlements on the territory of Astana have not yet been found, although the stay of ancient people here and in surrounding areas is beyond doubt. In the spring of 1930 when planting trees in the school yard of the second stage, students dug up a clay pot with ornaments typical of the Andronovo culture and two of the tip of the arrows – one pink, the other grey stone. After about a month at the bottom Kubanskogo log (solona Balka) resident of the city of L. I. Shcheglov picked up a bronze spearhead. Unfortunately, both specimens were completely lost. In 1968 – 1972, during dredging of the river Ishim in the pulp that is thrown on shore by the dredge, there were small shards of pottery of Andronovo pottery, crushed bones, cores, sharp blade-flakes produced during the manufacture of stone tools. In 1955 – 1957, archaeologist and ethnographer Vasily Demyanovich Solocinski opened around Tselinograd about twenty primitive campsites, mainly Andronovo culture. The richest material was Ishim car Park – approximately five kilometres South-East of the city, on the right steep Bank of the Ishim . and Dusinska in sixty kilometrah the North-West, by the river Damsa . The cultural layer of Parking Ishim lies in the 70 – 100 centimeters from the surface of the earth is visible in the cut Bank. Parking abounds in fragments of pottery, animal bones crushed, flakes, knives, blanks made of flint, pieces of charcoal. It produced a few stone arrowheads, round bone piercing punch and other things typical of the Andronovo culture in the transition from the stone to the bronze age. Dusinska Parking Ishim younger, dated to the third or fourth millennia BC. In the past years of fruitful work the senior scientific employee of Tselinograd regional history Museum Valery Stepanovich Voloshin. Through open and surveyed the Parking lots and graves dated to the Paleolithic and bronze age, close to seventy. Among them, the Parking of the stone age behind the line of the railway of the city. With the assistance of the Institute of history, archaeology and Ethnography of the Academy of Sciences of the Kazakh SSR Voloshin every summer forms among students of senior classes, students and teachers of the archaeological expedition in the region. The expedition materials added to the collections of Tselinograd regional history Museum. About Parking near the silicate brick factory in the summer of 1969 said the bulldozer. The attention of machine operators attracted by the fact that in produced building sand crushed many old bones, and sometimes greenish bronze small things. Appeared: several thousand years ago people lived here. The Parking lot was actually destroyed. The Museum is only left with a small bronze knife, badly damaged by a bulldozer. An interesting finding of the July 1968 on the shore of Ishim near the same factory of a silicate brick. Driver road repair mechanical workshops branch of the Tselinograd railway Athanasius Safaris and excavator operator Nikolai Nikitin decided to equip the cottage cellar. Day 31 July Nikitin began to dig the earth. The pit was already pretty deep when one of its walls noticed a round dent. Safaris kovyrnul scrap – marked oblong pitcher. Next to him second. Treasure! Impatient vacationers wanted to quickly see the contents of jars and he began to smash them. The jugs were empty. Probably, the shards would be released, again covered with earth, if not for a nearby Alexei Ishutin, and Alexander Kopnov and Victor Efanov, who, after learning about the discovery, reported in Tselinograd Museum of local history. To the country to Safaris left the group of scientific employees. Fortunately, Safaris not broke all the vessels. Choosing hard pressed time the cultural layer (the excavation was done by the author of this publication), managed to extract two more. In total their were ten broken. The height of each of about fifty inches, color gray, shape a bit strange, a wide mouth and a narrow cone-shaped surface converging downward grooves. To stand on the bottoms of the jugs, of course, could not – they had to hold in hand or insert in any slot. They are made on a Potter’s wheel. Everyone has some old defect – chipped off the edge of the neck or breaks at the sides. Damage is clearly obtained during firing or during use. Can
but to assume that somewhere nearby there was a kiln for firing. Master, removing it from the finished product, put aside the marriage. Then, maybe, people left the place, but defective or broken items remained, over time, they drifted river silt, reaching almost a metre thick. According to archaeologists, the find belongs to the period of the Mongol invasion. Such jugs were tied to the wheels of Chigir, draw water for irrigation of crops. Therefore, in the old days about the current Tselinograd practiced irrigated farming. Priishim on the steppes for centuries roamed with herds of many nomadic tribes. Their footprints are also observed in the vicinity of Tselinograd. Mining engineer A. A. Kozyrev, formed even before the revolution, “Hydrological description of the southern part of Akmola region “, reported that during business trips he was struck by the abundance of mounds scattered across the Akmola district, especially in the southern part, starting from the left Bank of Ishim. According to Kozyrev, he met a lonely and group mounds, covered with stones or covered with grass, occasionally with “stone images” (balbals) of the vertices. Similar information is contained in a number of other pre-revolutionary authors. By the way, Tselinograd region still has more detailed maps, which would be applied to all discovered prehistoric and ancient settlements, fortifications, burial mounds, occasional archaeological finds. Meanwhile, a separate unique monuments are disappearing – destroyed by time, overgrown by grass, is destroyed during construction and utility work closes, filled with water when the dam construction. These places are not even installed security signs.